- Employment: Contract and wages
- Employment: Termination of contract and dismissal
- Employment: Holiday/leave
- Employment: Work-related injuries
- Age discrimination in employment
- The Mandatory Provident Fund
- Social welfare for the elderly
Employment: Work-related injuries
Compensable occupational disease
Employers are liable to pay compensation for injuries that are sustained by their employees as a result of occupational diseases that are specified in the ECO.
A disease that arises due to the nature of any occupation in which an employee was employed at any time within the prescribed period is regarded as a compensable occupational disease. 46 occupational diseases are covered by the ECO. If you want more information on the diseases covered, please go to Schedule 2 (Occupational Diseases) of the ECO.
An employee who suffers incapacity arising from a specified occupational disease is entitled to receive the same compensation in the same way as an employee who is injured in an occupational accident.